|Michael E. Knight as Tad Martin|
|All My Children|
|Portrayed by|| Matthew Anton|
John E. Dunn
Michael E. Knight
(1982-1986, 1988-1990, 1992-Present)
|Created by||Agnes Nixon|
Tad "The Cad"
|Aliases|| Thaddeus James Gardner|
|Born||September 1, 1963|
|Residence|| 3420 Canyon Drive|
Pine Valley, Pennsylvania
Thaddeus James "Tad" Martin (born Thaddeus James Gardner) is a fictional character from the American daytime drama All My Children. Tad is portrayed by actor Michael E. Knight. Knight has portrayed the role on and off since 1982. Tad represents the good on the show All My Children, often butting heads with "villains" like Adam Chandler. He is perhaps the best male friend to Erica Kane. His relationship with Dixie Cooney made them a favorite of fans, reaching supercouple status.
Knight has won three Daytime Emmys for his portrayal of Tad Martin. He won the Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Younger Actor twice in 1986 and 1987, and won the Supporting Actor trophy in 2001. He is one of the very few actors to be nominated in younger, supporting, and lead actor categories, all while portraying the same character.
- ↑ http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/whoswho/tad.php
- ↑ Robert C. Allen (1992). Channels of Discourse. Routledge. ISBN 0415080584.
- ↑ Susan Leigh Star (1995). The Cultures of Computing. Blackwell Publishing. ISBN.
- ↑ Laura Stempel Mumford (1995). Love and Ideology in the Afternoon: Soap Opera, Women, and Television Genre. Indiana University Press. ISBN 0253328799.
- ↑ Dorothy Catherine (1999). Other Worlds: Society Seen. Broadview Press. ISBN 1551111039.