Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Port Charles, New York|
|Skyline as seen in the General Hospital: Night Shift opening. Notable in the skyline are General Hospital and the Metro Court Hotel|
|Notable locations|| General Hospital|
The Metro Court Hotel
The Haunted Star
Port Charles, New York is the fictional setting of the ABC Daytime soap operas General Hospital and its now canceled spin-off Port Charles. Port Charles is also the setting for SOAPnet's primetime GH spin-off, General Hospital: Night Shift. Port Charles can also be retroactively considered as the setting of The Young Marrieds, a short-lived series which ran between 1964 and 1966.
Port Charles is a fictional small to midsized city located in Upstate New York, most likely on the shores of Lake Ontario near the city of Rochester. In 1993, the producers of General Hospital filmed several exterior locations in and around the Rochester, New York area - including Letchworth State Park, and the village of Perry, New York. Aerial photos of Port Charles occasionally shown on the air are actually shots of the skyline of downtown Rochester.
While the fictional city of Port Charles is currently based on Rochester, Rochester does still exist as a separate location (in much the same way that New York City exists as a separate location from both Gotham City and Metropolis in the DC Universe despite the fact that both cities are obviously based on New York and have adopted some of New York's landmarks as their own). Port Charles' location in relation to Rochester was further clarified during several episodes aired in 1996 when the characters of Laura Spencer and Stefan Cassadine traveled to a house in Rochester to find Laura's long presumed dead mother Lesley Webber. The episodes in which this occurred suggested that Port Charles was within a few miles of Rochester, though no actual distance was given.
When the series first began, General Hospital was set in an unnamed city or town somewhere in the United States of America. Between 1964 and 1966, Queen's Point, the setting of the short-lived soap opera, The Young Marrieds, was considered to be a suburb of the same (then still unnamed) city that General Hospital was set in (this was part of a plan to feature regular crossovers between the two shows which never materialized due to the cancellation of The Young Marrieds). It wasn't until 1977 that the General Hospital's setting was finally established as being in the fictional city of Port Charles, New York.
Onscreen, Port Charles has had somewhat of an eclectic history. A 1993 storyline saw Lucky Spencer hiding out in catacombs while hiding from Frank Smith. As a result it was revealed that after the city was first settled, an extensive catacomb system was built beneath the city. The catacombs were again referenced in 1997 when Sonny Corinthos and Brenda Barrett were trapped there. In 2003, an episode of General Hospital depicted the recollections of an elderly woman (played by Gloria Stewart), whose mobster husband ran a speakeasy during the prohibition era, thus establishing that the mob has long had ties to the city. Racial discrimination has unfortunately played a part in the history of Port Charles. A 1985 storyline revealed that at some point in the city's history, a large ghetto area known as the Asian Quarter was built in order to house the city's Asian population, while a 1994 storyline revealed that one of the city's first African-American council members, Bradley Ward II faced opposition from his white counterparts in the 1970s and was later murdered. This storyline also made references to people being refused housing and bank loans on account of race.
Port Charles suffered a hurricane in 1977, but quickly recovered from both that and the Lassa Fever epidemic that followed less than two years later, thus beginning a long tradition of disasters that have plagued the city right up to the modern day. During this time, Mob storylines began being incorporated into the show. In 1979, residents became concerned that Port Charles was being taken over by organized crime. Mob leader Frank Smith was arrested in 1980, thanks to the efforts of Luke and Laura Spencer.
In 1981, Luke and Laura saved the city from being frozen over by Mikkos Cassadine's weather machine. Luke and Laura were hailed as heroes and their wedding was the social event of the year. Robert Scorpio was quickly appointed as police commissioner. Luke ran and won for mayor, but resigned less then two months later after growing tired of the office.
In 1985, Robert, along with Frisco Jones, Felicia Cummings, Sean Donely helped bust an extortion ring that was operating within the city's Asian Quarter. Soon afterwards, Robert left town, and his ex-wife Anna Devane was appointed as the new police commissioner in his place. In a storyline twist, the seemingly honest Police chief Bert Ramsey was apparently so embittered at being passed over for promotion in favor of Anna that he became a dirty cop and began operating a money laundering scam known as Operation Tumble Dry. Thanks to the efforts of Anna and a newly returned Robert, the money laundering scam was busted.
Soon, another crime family, the Jeromes, began to infiltrate the city of Port Charles but by the early 1990s, the influence of the Jeromes had somewhat faded due to the efforts of Robert and Anna. In 1992, Anna and Robert were presumed dead in an explosion. Luke and Laura returned to town, and the Smith Mob began to regroup and once again terrorized the citizens of Port Charles. However, Frank Smith was killed and a much more benevolent crime boss in the form of Sonny Corinthos took over organized crime in the city.
Environmental issues also became a concern as some of the residents of Port Charles formed the Greenbelts organization and protested against the arrival of the S.S Tracy, a ship carrying toxic materials that later sank in the Port Charles Harbor, nearly causing an environmental catastrophe. In 1994, Justus Ward and Laura Spencer led protests against a planned incinerator and was successful in stopping the project despite threats to Laura's life and that of her family.
In 1996, the Cassadine family returned to Port Charles as the main nemesis of the Spencers for a second time. Soon, Port Charles was on the brink of financial disaster when the city's biggest employer, the local hospital, went bankrupt. The hospital (and indirectly the town) was saved from considerable financial ruin at the last minute by a considerable financial investment from Stefan Cassadine, son of Mikkos. Luke claimed that Stefan only wished to continue the nefarious deeds carried out by his father and had in fact been behind the hospital's bankruptcy so he could perform a swift takeover in order to establish himself as a pillar of the community, though not many people believed Luke at the time. Stefan died in disgrace years later.
In the 21st century, Port Charles would be hit by a number of disasters, including the Port Charles Hotel completely gutted by fire, another hurricane hitting the city, a two-way train wreck, a hospital quarantine after a mutant strain of encephalitis spread through the town, Metro Court Hotel being taken hostage, and Anthony Zacchara terrorizing residents at Nikolas Cassadine's Black and White Ball.
General Hospital Edit
General Hospital is a major employer in the city.
In January 2009, almost three years to the day, an airborne toxin was released into the air by way of five poison spheres, resulting in the deaths of Earl Bragg, Andy Archer, Leyla Mir, and Trevor Lansing.
After the 2009 fire and explosions, the hospital was destroyed and virtually totaled. Renovations will soon begin, and are expected to be completed by April.
The residents of Port Charles frequent the hospital's West Wing. (Characters on Port Charles were patients in the East Wing.)
This weatlhy, international conglomerate was founded by the Cassadines in the late 70's as a front to cover for their dirty dealings. But the business took off, being controlled by Mikkos Cassadine, Stavros Cassadine, Helena Cassadine, and Nikolas Cassadine among others. Nikolas is currently in charge of the business. It is planned that when he becomes of age, Spencer Cassadine will take over. In December 2005, a single Cassadine Industries account was estimated to be worth $15 million at the time. The Cassadine corporate lawyers are currently handling the case of Nikolas' alleged illegal immigration.
The Port Charles City/County Courthouse is located in the heart of downtown, apparently very close to the PCPD. It consists of courtrooms and offices, which house officials such as Alexis Davis and Scott Baldwin, the District Attorney and Special Prosecutor. In 1998, Carly Corinthos Jacks shot Tony Jones in open court. Faith Rosco was shot and killed here by a sniper in 2005. Jason Morgan and Amelia Joffe came under fire outside of the building in 2007, and it has been the sight of many life changing court battles.
Crimson Magazine Edit
Crimson is a fashion magazine ran by Kate Howard, and the biggest investor is Jasper Jacks. Her offices are at the Metro Court Hotel, which happens to be across the street from Johnny Zacchara's penthouse. Kate hired Maxie Jones as her first assistant, and Lulu Spencer her second assistant. In 2008, Maxie was almost raped here by Logan Hayes, but he saw Lulu watching from Johnny's penthouse (which is formerly the home of Jasper Jax). Lulu then accidentally killed him, which has put her in Shadybrooke. As of recent, Jax has threatened to find someone else to run the magazine if Kate doesn't stop trying to ruin Carly. When Kate was shot on September 26, Maxie temporarily took over for her as the top dog at the magazine. In December 2008, Kate held a party at the skyline restaurant to commmorate the re-launch of Crimson under Kate's name. During the party, after giving Carly the same dress that Kate had on, Lulu and Maxie were almost fired. But Jax has controlling intrest, and prevented the event from taking place.
As its name suggests, Port Charles is a major port. The Waterfront district has been under the control of Sonny Corinthos for over a decade, though rival gangs have tried to move in on his territory, such as Lorenzo Alcazar, the Ruiz brothers, and others. Kelly's Diner, a local eatery, is located in this area and the Elm Street Pier is also located here. Majority of the Port Charles waterfront is owned by the Pride-Philips Company, which was given to Courtney Matthews as a thank you from a woman whose life she saved. Courtney later sold Pride-Philips to Lorenzo Alcazar. On March 17, 2008, one of the warehouses on the docks, an abandoned cannery, exploded. Sonny met with Claudia Zacchara to return Johnny to her. She arrived, and got on the phone with an ally to try and peace with them and Sonny. Meanwhile, Trevor Lansing and sniper stood on a loft in the warehouse, poised to shoot Claudia. Ric Lansing and Marianna Erosa were in another part of it, trying to cover the dead body of Randy. Carly finally finds Michael, where he confesses to shooting Kate. They began to leave and go home. Meanwhile, a bomb is slowly ticking away. Right as the sniper pulls his trigger, the bomb goes of, and an explosion rips through the building. Everyone survives the event, but Carly miscarries her baby. The docks are currently the site of a fake drug ring headed up by Jerry Jacks. The ring produces placebos that have claimed at least one life; a female heart patient. Matt Hunter was the prime suspect, but the extent of his involvement cleared. Andrei Karpov currently had a cargo ship, Odyssey, docked in the harbor. On October 31, 2008, Andrei stabbed Sonny, and threw him into the harbor with weights on his ankles. But just in time, Carly jumped in and saved Sonny. Weeks later, on November 7, Sonny killed Karpov here. On December 19, Sasha Donev was shot and killed by a sniper here. In early January, Jason blew up Sonny's latest cargo shipment.
Elm Street PierEditElm Street is a poorer district within the city and is located near the Waterfront. It is notable for being the place where one of the city's most famous and flamboyant residents, Luke Spencer grew up. Luke's sister, Bobbie, owns a restored Brownstone here, which became the residence of several Port Charles Residents. Alan Quartermaine and Mike Corbin used this district of Port Charles to meet up with prostitutes while fighting addictions. Maxie Jones was almost raped here buying hydrocodone for Lucky Spencer. Robert Scorpio was beaten up by Lorenzo Alcazar's enforcers for not revealing the location of Skye Quartermaine, who was pregnant with his child at the time.
The B&N department store is located somewhere in this area.
This is also where launch for Spoon Island is located.
Many high level Port Charles citizens meet on the Elm St. Pier daily. Template:Clear
ELQ Industries, or Edward Louis Quartermaine Industries is a multinational conglomerate headquartered on Port Charles. Owned by the wealthy Quartermaine's, it is the one of the largest businesses in the region. Since 1978, Edward Quartermaine has been the sole owner, but other employees have included Emily Quartermaine, Lorenzo Alcazar, Carly Corinthos, Sam McCall, Tracy Quartermaine, Alan Quartermaine, Monica Quartermaine, Justus Ward, Jasper Jacks, Laura Spencer, and Luke Spencer. Current shareholders include Edward Quartermaine, Monica Quartermaine, Tracy Quartermaine, Jasper Jacks, and Carly Jacks, who owns 30%. It is a rival company with nearby Chandler Enterprises and Buchanan Enterprises.
- Edward Quartermaine - Founder, Controlling shareholder, Owner, Chairman of the Board, CEO (on-and-off)
- Jason Morgan - Stockholder
- Tracy Quartermaine - CEO; Board member; stockholder
- Jasper "Jax" Jacks - Stockholder
- Carly Corinthos - Stockholder (30%)
- Monica Quartermaine - Stockholder
- Sonny Corinthos - Board member, Stockholder
- Laura Spencer - Former Employee
- Sam McCall - Former Employee
- Dillon Quartermaine - Former Employee
- Justus Ward - Former Board member; former Chief Legal Counsel
- Lorenzo Alcazar - Former Owner of 30% of ELQ stock, sold to Carly
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine - Former Stockholder
- Lila Quartermaine - Former Stockholder
- Ned Ashton - former CEO; Former Stockholder
- Skye Chandler Quartermaine - Former CEO, former Board member
- AJ Quartermaine - Former CEO (on-and-off)
- Katherine Bell - Former Shareholder
- Paul Hornsby - Former CEO
Emily Bowen Quartermaine ClinicEdit
After Emily Quartermaine's death, fiancee Nikolas Cassadine carried on Emily's passion for helping the needy by opening a free clinic in her name. He had it established in it in the warehouse district in a formerly condemned building. Early on, it encountered issues when Mayor Floyd tried to have it shut down. Then came Matt Hunter. With him he brought a counterfeit drug scandal. He bought fake meds from Logan Hayes' employer, switched them with the real ones, and re-sold the true drugs. Nadine is now trying to get him to confess. On September 15 2008, Jerry Jacks set fire to the place in order to cover the illegal drugs. Matt, Nikolas, and Nadine were all trapped, but escaped safely. Employees include owner Nikolas Cassadine, Nadine Crowell, Leyla Mir, and Matt Hunter. On September 15, Jerry Jacks detonated a set of explosives that went off, causing a raging fire. Nadine and Matt were hospitalized, and Nikolas received minor injuries. It is currently being rebuilt. It is on Venice Street, in the warehouse district.
This is the large estate of Sonny Corinthos, Claudia Zacchara, and bodyguards Max and Milo. Not visible from the road, it is guarded by Sonny's men. It has a large terrace, beautiful gardens, and a stately guest house. The large garage stores a Maserati Quattroporte. In 2005, a mobster shot up the mansion's living room with a machine gun while Carly, Sam, Ric and Sonny met inside. In 2007, Kate Howard built her house right next door to Sonny's home. Angry about Kate flying her helicopter over his home, Sonny had Jason Morgan shoot a wire that was attached to her helicopter. It suspended a statue over Kate's house, and was headed to drop it in her garden. After he shot, the statue fell through all three floors of the house, destroying the roof, floors, and walls. Former residents include Carly Jacks, Emily Quartermaine, Sam McCall, Morgan Corinthos,and Michael Corinthos. Sonny's private maid and cook is named Marcella. The address is 120 Shoreline Road, and Kate Howard's is 124 Shoreline Road.
The Haunted StarEdit
This ship was a wedding gift to Luke and Laura Spencer. Luke sold it in early 1983 but reacquired it in December 2003. Today, Luke's name remains on the deed, and it now serves as a casino. In 2006, Luke hired Diego Alcazar to pretend to rob the Haunted Star, so he could take the money from his wife and co-owner, Tracy Quartermaine. A previous heist occurred, in 2003 (during the Grand Opening), by Lorenzo Alcazar. Luke's previous partners in the casino also include, Faith Rosco and Skye Quartermaine. Dillon Quartermaine briefly lived on the ship. The ship originally belonged to the aristocratic Cassadine family. Luke later took possession after he defeated Mikkos Cassadine and his plot to freeze the world with a weather machine. Past employees include Sam McCall. His most recent investors were the Zaccharas. Johnny only invested to get close to Lulu Spencer. Luke is currently living in the private suite above deck.
This is an upper end apartment complex in downtown Port Charles. It has a view of the lake, and can clearly be seen in the Port Charles skyline. It includes Jason Morgan's penthouse with Damian Spinelli, and was the previous residence of Carly Jacks, Samantha McCall and retired mob boss, Sonny Corinthos. Damian Spinelli's room is "regrettably pink." He stays in the room that Brenda Barrett lived in while she and Jason were in a marriage of convenience. Jason leaves it pink. Reese Marshall (when dating Sonny) took residence in Sonny's old penthouse. When Reese Marshall was living there, Carly Corinthos broke in and vandalized the entire apartment due to a mental breakdown. Samantha McCall was attacked there by Nico, where Carly helped fight him off. In 2007, Ric Lansing bugged Jason's apartment in order to obtain a guilty plea in the murder or Lorenzo Alcazar. In 2006, a would-be assassin shot a bullet through the window of Jason's apartment. He leaves the bullet hole in the glass to remind him of the choices he's made. In a December 2008 episode, it was indicated that the Metro Court was located directly across from the Harborview Towers. The address is 122 Harbor View Drive.
Jake's is a popular bar owned and operated by Coleman. Jason Morgan and Carly Corinthos also first met here over a game of pool. Robin Scorpio, Emily Quartermaine, Elizabeth Webber, Kelly Lee, and Lainey Winters chose Jake's as the destination for their Girls' Night Out, where they each shared their fantasies about co-worker, Patrick Drake. A Boys' Night Out also took place soon after, with Max Giambetti, Ric Lansing, Patrick Drake, Lucky Spencer, and Nikolas Cassadine, where they each shared fantasies about Carly Corinthos. While unconscious after the cannery explosion, Carly hallucinated that she was there playing pool with Jason, the same way that they first met. It is here where rivals Claudia Zacchara and Olivia Falconeri first met.
Almost everyone in town has been to Kelly’s at least once over the years. The diner itself has been a popular gathering place of many of Port Charles’ citizens. Many newcomers to the city have found their way to Kelly’s, where they have rented the rooms above. Edward Quartermaine worked here briefly.
Ruby Anderson stepped in as owner when Rose decided to leave town to work with her stepson Joe in 1984, offering homespun advice—and the best damned chowder and chili in New York State. She was a staple of the diner until her death in 1999.
The establishment was left to Luke and Bobbie Spencer, formerly managed by Tammy Hansen. In February 2004, Bobbie asked Mike Corbin to run the diner. Being a family-owned business, Lucky Spencer, Nikolas Cassadine, Emily Quartermaine, and Elizabeth Webber occasionally had private “Kelly’s-closed dinners” which consisted of traditional potluck dinners.
Characters on the now canceled Port Charles also frequented Kelly's from time to time.
Residents have included Holly Sutton, Jimmy Lee Holt, Celia Quartermaine, Felicia Jones, Edward and Lila Quartermaine, Colton Shore, Charlie Prince, Lily Rivera, Brenda Barrett, Sam McCall, Miguel Morez, Juan Santiago, Courtney Matthews, Emily Quartermaine, Keesha Ward, Ric Lansing, Lucky Spencer, Diego Alcazar, Brian Beck, Heather Webber, Javier Ruiz, Elizabeth Webber, Lucky Spencer, Maxie Jones, Dillon Quartermaine, Georgie Jones, Coop Barrett, and Tammy Hansen.
On November 13, Sasha Donev sent a gang of Russian goons to attack Kelly's. They beat and tried to murder Mike, and torched the diner. Bobbie and Luke are currently in the process of having it restored to appear just as it had.
Lookout Point/Vista PointEdit
The Point, as it's often referred to, is a high vantage point that sits steeply in the woods of Port Charles. It's been the spot of many outings and events in the past. This is where Maxie Jones and Damian Spinelli often go to think. In May 2002, an upset and foggy minded Carly Corinthos drove her car off of one the steep cliffs, causing it to plunge into the lake. In early 2003, Carly pushed Courtney Matthews' car off of the same cliff in order to cover up her involvement in Elizabeth Webber's hit-and-run. In August 2007, Logan Hayes took Lulu Spencer on a picnic date here. In winter 2007, Lorenzo Alcazar kidnapped Lulu, and ordered her exchange to take place at The Point. Hangman's Bridge is located in this general area. In February 2008, Diego Alcazar had planned to hang Sam McCall and Elizabeth Webber off the bridge as a final stand in his role as the Text Message Killer. Right as they arrived, Elizabeth attacked Diego, causing the car to swerve off the bridge and hang there, swaying back and forth. All three lived, but Diego was soon after killed. In December 2008, Johnny Zacchara and Lulu went there to look at the stars. This is when Johnny was almost arrested for lude behavior in November. Lookout Point is located on the same road as Shadybrook Sanitarium.
Metro Court HotelEdit
The Metro Court Hotel was built by billionaire Jasper Jacks on the site where the Port Charles Hotel once occupied until it was destroyed in a February 2004 fire caused by Edward Quartermaine and is now the town's most popular hotel. The Hotel was named after Courtney Matthews, who was engaged to Jax at the time. The Metro Court is home to many businesses and people, including Crimson, Kate Howard's fashion company and magazine with Jasper Jacks.
Its lobby was recently the site of an explosion where it sustained extensive damage during the final minutes of a twelve hour hostage crisis. Employees and residents were held in the lobby by Jerry Jacks, (then known as James Craig) who was after the contents of a briefcase locked in the hotel vault. This siege lasted. Robin Scorpio was shot in her stomach within the first hour. She was operated on by Emily Quartermaine and Carly Corinthos. Max Giambetti was shot in the shoulder. Father Mateo Ruiz was shot for killing one of the mercenaries. The crisis culminated when explosives were detonated in the lobby as the police stormed in. In the aftermath, the Hotel continued to be a major set, as the search for survivors continued, and a gun battle as Jason Morgan pursued Craig through the rubble. It was rebuilt quickly, with more security.
In July 2008, Logan Hayes attacked Maxie Jones in Kate Howard's office, pushing her to the floor. As he went to kill her, he caught Lulu Spencer looking through the window of her office from Johnny's balcony across the street. He ran up to the penthouse, and broke down the door with a fire axe. He tried to talk Lulu into getting back together, and when she refused, Logan tried to rape her. She grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchenette and plunged it onto his stomach. Logan died, and Johnny took the fall for her. Claudia and Johnny dumped his body at Nikolas' clinic.
Current and former employees include Carly Corinthos, Jasper Jacks, Sam McCall, Max Giambetti, Cooper Barrett, Nikolas Cassadine, Olivia Falconeri, Marty, Diane, Lori, and Eddie. Residents include Diane Miller, Olivia Falconeri, and Anna Devane. The hotel boasts a spa, solarium, restaurant, ballroom, and penthouse suites. The hotel is exactly 25 stories tall, excluding the basement. It has several sister hotels, including one named the Belle Maison in Montreal (owned by Carly). It also has sister hotels in Paris, other parts of Europe and in Hawaii. It is a rival hotel to the Cosmopolitan. It is right across the street from the Harborview Towers. The address (when the Port Charles Hotel stood there) was 1420 Courts Lane.
Port Charles Park Edit
The Port Charles park is a popular hangout spot, though can be dangerous at times. Elizabeth Webber was raped here, while Michael and Morgan Corinthos were kidnapped by Faith Rosco, Jake Spencer was kidnapped by Maureen Harper, and Georgie Jones was strangled by the Text Message Killer. Maxie Jones was attacked and knocked out there in November 2008.
One of the best known organizations in Port Charles in the Port Charles Police Department. It has handled several crimes in the city, but not always well. It has several officers that are informants to the mob, most notably the late Logan Hayes and Cooper Barrett. Current employees include commissioner Mac Scorpio, and officers Lucky Spencer, Cruz Rodriguez, and Detective Harper. Scott Baldwin has an office here. In July 2008, it was the sight of a hostage situation. Lulu Spencer smuggled in a gun of Edward Quartermaine's to Johnny Zacchara. He took the fall for Lulu's killing of Logan Hayes. He took the gun, and pretended to take hostage. They ran outside, and took Mayor Floyd's car. They dumped it in the warehouse district, and fled to New York City. They were eventually caught back in Port Charles, and Johnny was taken back into custody. In December 2008, FBI agent Thomas Rayner set up an office in the main witness room.
This is considered the "state" jail where convicted felons go. The real Pentonville Prison has had few references, the most recent being the summer of 2007. Jason Morgan was on trial for the murder of Lorenzo Alcazar. Former inmates have included Diego Alcazar, for the drugging and rape of women in Port Charles, and Nikolas Cassadine, for the murder of Helena Cassadine, his insane grandmother. She turned up alive, and Nikolas was released. Scott Baldwin is currently petitioning the judge to have Johnny Zacchara sent there for Logan Hayes' murder.
The home of the wealthy Quartermaine family, it features living quarters for several members of the extended family, as well as staff such as Alice the maid. Some scenes have taken place in the Quartermaine boathouse, and there is also a garage with luxury vehicles such as a custom vintage Bentley. Sage Alcazar froze to death in the kitchen's freezer in 2004, and Tracy Quartermaine was tied up in the pantry by Alice in 2005. Former and current residents include Edward Quartermaine, Lila Quartermaine, Alan Quartermaine, Monica Quartermaine, Tracy Quartermaine, Dillon Quartermaine, Skye Quartermaine, Jason Morgan, Emily Quartermaine, Ned Ashton, Luke Spencer, Carly Corinthos, Lulu Spencer, A.J. Quartermaine, Dawn Winthrop, Karen Wexler, Alice Gunderson, Georgie Jones, Michael Corinthos III, Brook Lynn Ashton, Justus Ward, and Lois Cerullo. The address is 66 Harborview Road.
Shadybrooke is a psychiatric facility located in a small country area in Port Charles. It has been home to many patients, including Carly Corinthos, Tracy Quartermaine, Laura Spencer, and Lulu Spencer. Lainey Winters has an office in the building, and it has become the permanent home to Laura Spencer after her 2002 breakdown, followed by a slip into catatonia. In 2005, Carly stood on the building's ledge, threatening to jump after hearing Sonny Corinthos tell Jason Morgan that her life is over. She came down, and eventually recovered from the breakdown. Laura and Lulu's were both caused by haunting murders: Lulu stabbed Logan Hayes, and Laura thought that she killed Rick Webber after hitting him with a candlestick. Lulu was recently released. Shadybrook is on the same road as Lookout Point.
Sonny's Coffee Shop Edit
This coffee shop was opened in December 2006 by Sonny Corinthos to serve as a front for his illegal activity. Sonny frequently worked out of an office in the building. Carly Corinthos took over decorating and added a coffee cart. This is where Max Giambetti was demoted to working when he helped Carly. This is where Lorenzo Alcazar had a hit woman hide a gun. Alcazar retrieved the gun, went into Sonny's back office, and held him at gunpoint. Carly walked in and was able to distract Alcazar from shooting Sonny. Sonny took this chance and shot Alcazar in the head. On November 14, 2008, Sasha Donev sent a gang of goons to trash the coffeehouse and torch it. Little did they know, as the coffeehouse burned, Olivia Falconeri was trapped in the back in Sonny's office. Sonny managed to save her, but the building was burnt to the ground. Jason is currently having the shop rebuilt. Template:Clear
Wyndemere Castle/Spoon IslandEditCassadine family home. The island was leased to the Cassadines long ago by the Native American group. The Cassadines only actually own the actual land that Wyndemere sits on. This island is a popular place for family outings. It is also home to a grand old mansion called Wyndemere, where many noteworthy residents have resided, including Ned Ashton, Cesar Faison, and most currently the Cassadines. Unfortunately, Wyndemere may not be all that safe; it contains many secret passages and underground tunnels, making it an easy target for intruders - Luke Spencer, in particular. This location is above several cliffs. Helena Cassadine pushed Katherine Bell off the parapet, causing her death. Darius, a man hired by Stefan Cassadine pushed Summer Holloway to her death who Darius had mistaken for Emily Quartermaine. Luke Spencer pushed Stefan Cassadine to his death as well. In 2007, madman Anthony Zacchara crashed a masquerade ball being held at Wyndemere and stalked the guests, in the process injuring Ric Lansing with a sword and killing a servant with an ice pick. To make matters even worse, a storm has stranded the guests on the island and caused a power failure. During the night of terror, Emily Quartermaine was strangled. In October 2008, Jasper Jacks attempted to buy Wyndemere out from under Nikolas. He finally succeeded in December, and had planned to build a resort around Wyndemere. Carly managed to turn the war over, and Jax gave Nikolas the lease back. Wyndemere is considered a castle by many, but Nikolas is quick to defend that is a 'mansion'.
A chain of warehouses owned by the mafia members in the "Tumble Dry" money laundering scam.
The Asian Quarter is a ghetto district located within Port Charles and is home to a large Asian population. The residents of this part of the city once lived in fear of an extortion ring that dominated the area, but thanks to the efforts of then police commissioner Robert Scorpio, the extortion ring was busted.
The Campus DiscoEdit
Located at 324 Wharf Street, Port Charles, NY– Carly Corinthos, proprietor. Opened February 14, 2003. Rekindled night club created from the remnants of “The Flynn’s Club”, a speakeasy that originally opened New Years Eve 1926. Flynn’s was owned by Catherine Flynn, the grandmother of Faith Rosco. On New Years Eve 2002, Carly and Ric Lansing discovered the speakeasy bricked off in the basement of Kelly’s Diner when they were scouting for a location for her club. The original owner, Catherine Flynn, who had been living in an apartment across the street, told Carly and Ric the club’s history when she observed them breaking through the brick wall. Employees have included Courtney Matthews as hostess. In November 2003, Faith Rosco claimed ownership of the club stating that though Kelly’s Diner and The Cellar occupied the same building, they always had split deeds and while Luke and Bobbie Spencer owned Kelly’s, The Cellar was rightfully Faith’s property by way of inheritance from Catherine. In May 2004, Carly regained control of the club when Justus Ward discovered that Faith’s claim on the property was invalid.
In April 2007, Sonny and Jason begin to consider using The Cellar as a place to hide their shipments, as The Cellar was vacant at the time. Sonny and Jason were soon ambushed by Lorenzo Alcazar's hired thugs.
Elegant night club opened in 2002 by Carly Corinthos with Jasper “Jax” Jacks. The club was converted from an old abandoned warehouse on the “bad side of town” under Carly’s supervision. Jax forced Carly out of the partnership due to what Carly because he believed she was embezzling funds, though she believed it was because of her relationship with Sonny Corinthos. He then brought Skye Chandler Quartermaine in as a partner. Employees have included Courtney Matthews.
Club owned and operated by classical pianist Katherine Delafield. Katherine regularly performed as well as did Frisco Jones. This same club had belonged to Duke Lavery and was purchased after his death in 1990.
Run by Duke Lavery and Felicia Jones, this club was a popular hangout for Port Charles residents in the late 1980s. Frisco Jones and Terri O'Connor regularly performed. After Duke's death, the club was purchased in 1990 by classical pianist Katherine Delafield and reopened under the name Delafield's.
The Equinox CorporationEdit
Equinox, officially named the Equinox Defense Arms Corporation was a military equipment manufacturer that was first introduced in November 2008. Nadine Crowell took them on in order to get back her Aunt Raylene's plow patent. In January 2009, an Equinox airborne biotoxin was released into General Hospital, forever garnering the label of failure.
Waterfront development constructed by mobsters in the “Tumble Dry” money laundering scam. Dan Rooney, Commissioner of Waterfront Development, tried to oppose the construction due to the shoddy construction plans, but was silenced in an “accident” arranged by Mr. Big (Co-Police Chief Burt Ramsey).
The Floating RibEdit
This restaurant, located across the street from General Hospital, was another popular establishment in the early 1980s. Closed during the late 1980’s. On February 23, 2006, Holly Sutton (not knowing that the restaurant was long out of business) demanded that Luke Spencer and Robert Scorpio meet her outside the restaurant with two million dollars for each vial of antidote for the mutant encephalitis virus that had gripped the city that month. A popular massage parlor is now located on this site.
A speakeasy that opened on New Years Eve 1926 beneath what is now Kelly’s Diner. The club was owned by Catherine Flynn, wife of mobster Marco Flynn. It was only open for a few hours because at 12:01 A.M. on opening night, a close friend and associate was killed in the club in a mob hit. Marco retaliated that night, but was arrested. He spent the rest of his life in prison. Catherine never had the heart to reopen, and had it boarded up. The club was discovered in 2002 when Carly Corinthos was looking for a location to open a club of her own. She refurbished this speakeasy and reopened it as “The Cellar”.
A research firm that the WSB had contracted with to find a secret antidote to the DVX's lethal germ MOX 36. The research was conducted by Dr. Eric Ingstrom before being abducted by the DVX. Stockholders in this firm included Greta Ingstrom and various Quartermaines.
Record label founded by Lois Cerullo and Ned Ashton. Co-owned at one time by Brenda Barrett and Sonny Corinthos. In 1996, control was seized from Lois and Brenda in a purchase by Edward Quartermaine. Lois regained control with the help of Jasper Jacks. Investors have included Lorenzo Alcazar. Vocalists have included Juan Santiago, Brook Lynn Ashton, Mary Mae Ward and Sage Alcazar. Employees included Kristina Cassadine as an assistant to Ned, Dillon Quartermaine as video director, and Nikolas Cassadine as public relations representative.
Port Charles' first casino opened by Luke Spencer and D. L. Brock in 1983. This is notable because according to the city charter, only one casino was allowed to operate. After closing the casino when he was elected mayor later that year, he retained the casino rights. Port Charles did not have another casino until he converted his recently reacquired Haunted Star into a casino on December 26, 2003.
The No NameEdit
Strip club owned by Coleman where Courtney Matthews secretly worked under the name “Daisy” to pay for damages caused by her then husband, A.J. Quartermaine. A.J. destroyed the club in an arson fire after he found out about Courtney’s job August 28, 2002.
Popular club once owned and operated by Mac Scorpio. Opened in 1991, Connor Olivera managed the club and worked as a singer. In 1992, Bill Eckert became co-owner. Felicia Jones later bought half ownership of the club, and the two married in 1998, making the club a family business. Employees have included Holly Scorpio, Miguel Morez and Robin Scorpio.
The Paradise LoungeEdit
The Recovery RoomEdit
Bar & Grill located across the street from General Hospital. Managed by the Scanlon family and Mary Scanlon's husband Victor Collins. Previously managed by Mike Corbin. Popular establishment in the late 1990s.
The Ward HouseEdit
Orphanage started by Mary Mae Ward, named for her son Bradley, a community leader who had died 20 years earlier. Pediatrician Simone Hardy was a volunteer at the home and introduced Mary Mae to Laura Spencer. In 1996, Laura Spencer purchased and operated the orphanage after Mary Mae’s death. Destroyed in an arson fire started by mobster Damian Smith who wanted the land to build a toxic waste incinerator.
World Security BureauEdit
World Security Bureau (WSB) is an Espionage agency and The nemesis of the WSB was the international organization known as the DVX. One of the WSB's most daring and effective agents was Robert Scorpio who traveled incognito as an international financier and well-know bon vivant. During the 1981 season Scorpio tracked down the Ice Princess, a statue/diamond with a secret formula on its base that as Scorpio warned "could cause cataclysmic global problems" if not recovered. On the trail of this huge uncut diamond, WSB agent O'Reilly, an elderly woman, was killed in a shoot out on the docks. Scorpio was helped by Luke and Laura as all three stowed away aboard a yacht to a tropical island that was the base of mad scientist Mikkos Cassadine who wanted exploit the power of the Ice Princess formula to be "Supreme Commander of the World." Mikkos fell to his death in freezing chamber of a machine designed to freeze the world. With the help of Luke, the machine's code (I-C-E-P-R-I-N-C-E-S-S) was cracked, disaster was averted and democracy was restored to the planet. Scorpio became a recurring character on General Hospital.
Port Charles societyEdit
The Nurses BallEditFrom 1994 - 2001, the Nurses Ball was the social event of the year in the Port Charles calendar and is most notable for being a charity event dedicated to raising funds for various HIV/AIDS organizations, both on the show and in reality. The Nurses Ball was held in the Port Charles Hotel (which burned down in 2004). Notably from 1997 until the last ball in 2001, the Nurses ball was usually a major crossover where characters from both Port Charles and General Hospital got a chance to interact with one another. A train/bus collision interrupted the 2001 event. The event has since been discontinued. The onscreen reasons for this have not been explained, but it is known that rising expenses and budget cuts in the real world, along with the revamp that was made to Port Charles in 2001 were the reasons why the producers of both General Hospital and Port Charles decided to end the annual event. But in 2006, Carly Corinthos held a similar event in which she auctioned off men to have dinner with women, and all of the money was donated to the hospital.
General Hospital Pediatric Ward Christmas partyEdit
For many years, the Pediatric Ward Christmas party has been the focus of General Hospital episodes that have aired just before Christmas (usually on the December 24 episode of General Hospital, but sometimes on December 23 or December 22 if December 24 falls during a weekend). It is traditional for the current chief of staff to read the Christmas story to the children during the party. The chief is also accompanied by the General Hospital volunteers dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Claus, as well as elves. The children of various cast members from the show are often featured as extras in the party scenes playing the sick children from the ward. Template:Clear
The Webbers & HardysEdit
Steve Hardy was the chief of Staff at General Hospital from the mid 1970s until his death in 1996. Perhaps one of Dr Hardy's biggest achievements was finding a cure to the Lassa Fever epidemic of 1979. He was married to Audrey Hardy for many years, and adopted her son Tom Hardy, who would also become a doctor. His other son, Jeff Webber, is a doctor as well. Jeff's eldest children, Steven and Sarah, are also doctors, while his youngest daughter, Elizabeth Webber, is a nurse. Elizabeth has two children, Cameron Webber and Jake Spencer.
One of the most distinguished families in Port Charles is the Quartermaine family, who moved to the area in 1978 and are best known for running E.L.Q. Industries. The Quartermaines have had a long-standing rivalry with Sonny Corinthos that began when Sonny married Carly Roberts, the former wife of A.J. Quartermaine and forced A.J. to give up parental rights to his and Carly's son Michael. Dr. Alan Quartermaine was the chief of staff at General Hospital, while his wife Monica is a renowned heart surgeon. Rock star Eddie Maine is also a prominent member of this family. Other Quartermaine's include Emily Quartermaine, Skye Quartermaine, Dillon Quartermaine, Brook Lynn Ashton, and Jason Morgan.
The Spencers: Luke and Laura Webber Spencer Edit
Laura Webber first gained notoriety in the infamous David Hamilton murder case in 1978. Only sixteen at the time, she had begun an affair with the much older David Hamilton only to murder him when she found out he was using her to get back at her mother. Laura escaped a jail sentence due to the extenuating circumstances of the crime, but her reputation as a murderess was notorious throughout the town. Later though, Laura would gain fame in a more positive way when she helped her future husband Luke Spencer defeat the evil schemes of both Frank Smith and Mikkos Cassadine. The two would then marry in a ceremony held on the lawn of the mayor's mansion. Sadly, Luke and Laura would later divorce and Laura suffered a mental breakdown in 2002, leading to her incarceration in a psychiatric facility. Laura was given and experimental drug "LS49" in October 2006. The drug brought her out of her catatonic state, but sadly the drug's effects were only temporary. While Laura was back with her family she and Luke were married again on their 25th anniversary, November 16, 2006.
Luke Spencer is possibly the most famous resident of Port Charles (and also one of its most flamboyant). Luke Spencer first gained notoriety when he, along with his future wife Laura Webber, helped bust the Frank Smith mafia gang in 1980. The following year, Luke was instrumental (again along with his wife Laura and future police commissioner Robert Scorpio) in foiling the plans of Mikkos Cassadine, a madman who had frozen Port Charles in order to showcase his weather machine. Luke and Laura married on the lawn of the mayors mansion in November 1981 in what was possibly the biggest wedding Port Charles has ever seen. Luke later ran for mayor of Port Charles in 1983 and won, but resigned less than two months into his tenure in order so that he and Laura could leave town to travel the world. Luke and Laura later returned to Port Charles in 1993.
Luke and Laura have two children together, Lucky Spencer and Lulu Spencer. Laura also has a son with Stavros Cassadine, Nikolas Cassadine. Lucky is raising two children with Elizabeth Webber; Cameron Webber and Jake Spencer.
The Cassadine brothers, Mikkos, Tony and Victor first made their presence in Port Charles felt in 1981, when they caused the infamous blizzard through the use of carbonic snow. Mikkos' younger son Stefan eventually took control of the family and in 1996, he and his nephew Nikolas moved to Port Charles permanently, joined by distant Cassadine cousin Alexis Davis who was later revealed to be Mikkos' illegitimate daughter (Natasha Cassadine) with Swedish opera singer Kristen Bergmen. For a time, Stefan owned General Hospital. In 2001, the family received another addition when Alexis' long lost sister, Kristina Cassadine (originally Kristina Carter), was brought to town to reunite with her sister by Jasper Jacks. Stefan later died in 2003, but Nikolas remains in the city. From time to time, Nikolas' grandmother Helena, the widow of Mikkos shows up to terrorize various residents of the city. Alexis has given birth to three daughters, Samantha McCall, Kristina Davis, and Molly Lansing, fathered by unknown man, Sonny Corinthos, and Ric Lansing respectively. Nikolas now has a child, Spencer Cassadine, with the late Courtney Matthews. Sam McCall had a daughter Lila McCall with Sonny Corinthos but Lila was stillborn on November 8, 2004.
Australian ex-pat Robert was Police Commissioner of Port Charles for many years (1982 - 1985, 1987 - 1992), and solved numerous mysteries and crimes. Robert was presumed dead in 1992, but later returned to town in 2006 to track down Luke Spencer who had brought the encephalitis outbreak to Port Charles. Now trying to mend his relationship with his daughter and his wife, Robin and Anna. Mac Scorpio is Robert's brother, and Mac has two adopted daughters Maxie Jones and Georgie Jones (deceased). The newest member of the Scorpio family is Robin's daughter with Patrick Drake, Emma Scorpio-Drake.
The Mob: Sonny Corinthos and Jason MorganEdit
Sonny Corinthos arrived in Port Charles in 1993, and owned and operated a strip club before becoming Port Charles' most powerful mobster in the power struggles that followed Frank Smith's death. Sonny has become known for his relative benevolence compared to other mafia gangs and his donation of several million dollars was instrumental in setting up the Stone Cates Memorial Wing at General Hospital.
Everybody in Port Charles knows who Jason Morgan is. He was born into wealth as Jason Quartermaine, the son of Dr. Alan Quartermaine and his mistress Susan Moore, he was later adopted by Monica Quartermaine. He was well liked, smart, and basically one of the only sane things ever to come out of the Quartermaine family. He was medical student, to follow in the foot steps of his parents, but one fateful night changed all of that. One night when he was trying to stop his brother AJ from driving drunk he got in the car with him and they crashed leaving Jason permanently brain damaged with no memory of his life. He broke away from his family, changed his last name to Morgan (in honor of his paternal grandmother Lila Morgan Quartermaine), and started working for mobster Sonny Corinthos. Over time Jason has gotten closer to his family, especially his adopted-sister Emily Quartermaine and his adopted mother Monica Quartermaine. He is now the mob king in Port Charles.
Past and current members and employees/affiliates of the Corinthos-Morgan crime family are; Sonny Corinthos, Jason Morgan, Carly Jacks, Sam McCall, Courtney Matthews, Damian Spinelli, Claudia Zacchara, Justus Ward, Ric Lansing, Diane Miller, Max Giambetti, Milo Giambetti, Cody Paul, Cooper Barrett, Logan Hayes, Johnny, Richie, Bernie Abrahms, and Benny Abrahms.
Insane mob boss, Anthony Zacchara came to Port Charles in September 2007. He brought his son, Johnny Zacchara and his lawyer, Trevor Lansing. It turned out that Trevor was the real mob boss. When Anthony jumped off the roof of Wyndemere Castle, he was paralyzed from the neck down and his son Johnny became the new mob boss. Johnny has plans to take down a manipulative Trevor. Claudia Zacchara who is Johnny's sister arrived in Port Charles on January 31.
Past and current members and employees/affiliates of the Zacchara crime family are; Anthony Zacchara, Johnny Zacchara, Claudia Zacchara, Rudy Zacchara, Trevor Lansing, Ric Lansing, Logan Hayes, Sam McCall, and Sonny Corinthos.
- Quartermaine Mansion (66 Harbor View Road) - Monica Quartermaine, Edward Quartermaine, Tracy Quartermaine and Alice Gunderson
- Greystone Manor (120 Shoreline Road) - Sonny Corinthos, Claudia Zacchara, Max, and Milo Giambetti
- Wyndemere Castle (Spoon Island) - Nikolas Cassadine, Spencer Cassadine, and Alfred
- Metro Court Hotel (1420 Courts Lane) - Olivia Falconeri, Ric Lansing, and Rebecca Shaw
- Spencer Home (24 Royal Street) - Lucky Spencer, Lesley Webber
- Jacks Home (607 Broadroad Terrace) - Jasper Jacks, Carly Corinthos, and Morgan Corinthos
- Zacchara Mansion (257 Cardinal Drive) - Anthony Zacchara
- The Lake House (55 Cherry Lane) - Alexis Davis, Kristina Corinthos, and Molly Lansing
- Howard Estate (124 Shoreline Road) - Kate Howard
- Harborview Tower (122 Harbor View Drive), Penthouse #2 - Jason Morgan and Damian Spinelli
- Scorpio Home (1020 North Yale) - Mac Scorpio
- The Haunted Star (yacht) - Luke Spencer
- Kelly's Diner (324 Wharf Street; rebuilding) - Mike Corbin
- Scorpio-Drake Home (Queen's Pointe suburb) - Robin Scorpio, Patrick Drake, and Emma Drake
- Webber Home (Queen's Pointe suburb) - Elizabeth Webber, Cameron Webber, and Jake Spencer
- Sam's Loft (#348) - Samantha McCall
- Spencer-Jones Apt. (#68) - Maxie Jones, Lulu Spencer, and Johnny Zacchara
- The Brownstone (1224 Elm Street) - Bobbie Spencer
- The Firehouse (777 Douglas Street) - Scott Baldwin
- Hardy House (453 Maple Avenue) - Audrey Hardy
- Bernie's House - Bernie Abrahms
- Diane's Apartment - Diane Miller
- The Island (The Bahamas) - Frequent vacation home of Sonny Corinthos
- The Brownstone (1242 Elm Street) -Felicia Jones, Bobbie Spencer (destroyed by a hurricane in 1991; rebuilt)
- Port Charles Hotel (1420 Courts Lane) - Frisco Jones, Skye Chandler (suite 915), Justus Ward, Mike Corbin, Faith Rosco, Luis Alcazar (destroyed in a 2004 fire, rebuilt under the name 'Metro Court')
- Brenda's Cottage (860 Birch Tree Lane) - Brenda Barrett, Jason Morgan
- Lazarus Yacht II -Sam McCall
- Quartermaine Mansion Gatehouse (312 Harbor View Road) - Ned Ashton, Lois Cerullo, Alexis Davis
- Alcazar Mansion (On Harborview Road) - Lorenzo Alcazar, Skye Chandler, Lila Rae Alcazar,Carly Corinthos,Sage Alcazar, Diego Alcazar
- The Skycliff Manor (243 Skycliff Road) - Carly Corinthos
- Courtney's Loft - Courtney Matthews, Nikolas Cassadine, Jason Morgan, Rachel Adair, Jasper Jacks
- Scorpio Home (1020 North Yale) - Rachel Adair
- The Firehouse (777 Douglas Street) - Scott Baldwin, Serena Baldwin
- Quinn Waser (1969-1974)
- Bruce Jennings (1974-1979)
- John Everett (1979-1980)
- Luke Spencer (1983)
- Lee Baldwin (1983-1985)
- Ken Morgan (1985-1989)
- Earl Richmond (1989-1993)
- Tom McClintock (1997-2001)
- Riley Dowd (2001-2006)
- Garrett Floyd (2006-present)
- Casslyn Verga (1986-1991)
- Dover (1992)
- Jerry Perez (1994-1996)
- Blake (1994)
- Bradley Ward II (1994)
- Clemens (1995)
- AJ Quartermaine (1997)
- Raymond (2009)
Law and OrderEdit
- Captain Patterson (1963-1974)
- Captain Wendell (1974-1979)
- Police Captain Burt Ramsey (1979-1983)
- Police Commissioner Robert Scorpio (1983-1985, 1988-1992)
- Co-Chief of Police Anna Devane (1985-1986)
- Co-Chief of Police Burt Ramsey (1985-1986)
- Chief of Police Anna Devane (1986-1987)
- Chief of Police Guy Lewis (1987-1992)
- Police Commissioner Sean Donely (1992-1995)
- Police Commissioner Mac Scorpio (1996-2000, 2000-present)
- Detective Joe Kelly
- Detective Frisco Jones
- Detective Andy Garcia
- Detective Lucky Spencer (2003-present)
- Detective Andy Capelli (2001-2004)
- Detective Jesse Beaudry (2005-2006)
- Intern Sam McCall (2006-2007)
- Detective Cruz Rodriguez (2005-present)
- Detective David Harper (2007-present)
- Police Cadet Cooper Barrett (2007-2008)
- Police Officer Byron Murphy (2004-2005)
- Special Prosecutor Scott Baldwin (2007-present)
- Chase Murdoch (1966-1971, 1973-1979)
- Bill Richardson (1982-1983)
- Mick Boyer (1984)
- Ken Morgan (1984-1985)
- Brett Madison (1986)
- Lombardi (1986)
- Michael Shultz (1990)
- Abbey Mitchell (1993)
- Justus Ward (1998)
- Scott Baldwin (2002-2004)
- Ric Lansing (2004-2005, 2006-2008)
- John Durant (2005-2006)
- Alexis Davis (2005-2006, 2008-Present)
Assistant District AttorneysEdit
- Xavier Coons (1967-1973)
- Ross Jenelle (1974)
- Mitch Williams (1978-1980)
- Scott Baldwin (1988)
- Jessica Holmes (1992)
- Dara Jensen (1996-2003)
- Ric Lansing (2004)
- Alexis Davis (2006)
- Port Charles Police Department
- Pentonville Penitentiary
- Statesville Prison
- Port Charles Courthouse
- Port Charles City Hall
- Miller Law Firm
- Port Charles Airport
- Star Fall (airline charter)
- Slick's Taxi Service
- Winston School - Kristina Corinthos
- Queen of Angels - Morgan Corinthos, Michael Corinthos III (at time of coma)
- Port Charles High School - Former students include Lulu Spencer, Georgie Jones, Maxie Jones, and Lucas Spencer
- Port Charles University (PCU) - Dr. Pete Marquez (professor), former students include Lulu Spencer, Maxie Jones, Georgie Jones (at time of death), Diego Alcazar, Lucas Spencer, Dillon Quartermaine, and Robin Scorpio.
- St. Timothy's Church - Father Coates
- Queen of Angels Church
- General Hospital Chapel
- St. Anne's Cemetary
- General Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
- Emily Bowen Quartermaine Memorial Clinic
- Roselawn Sanitarium
- Shadybrook Sanitarium
- Ferncliff Asylum
Chief Of StaffEdit
- Dr. Bryant Nemer (1966-1971)
- Dr. Anderson Valey (1971-1976)
- Dr. Steve Hardy (1976-1996)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine (1996-1998, 1999-2007)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (1998-1999)
- Dr. Russell Ford (2007-08)
- Dr. Patrick Drake 2008, 2009 (interim)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine 2008-Present
Assistant Chief of StaffEdit
- Dr. Perry Masil (1966-1970)
- Dr. Wendel Eltoz (1970-1975)
- Dr. Buzz Stryker (1985-1987)
- Dr. Monica Quartermaine (1987-1988)
- Dr. Alan Quartermaine (1988-1990)
- Dr. Tom Hardy (1990)
- Peggy Nelson - Murdered by ex-husband Arnold (1971)
- Bradley Ward II - Murdered by Jack Boland (1970s; Revealed in 1994)
- Phil Brewer - Murdered by Augusta McLeod (1974)
- David Hamilton - Accidentally killed by Laura Webber (1978)
- Theresa Carter - Hit over the head with a camera by Laura Webber (1978; Revealed in 2002)
- Diana Taylor - Accidentally killed by Alice Grant (1981)
- James Duvall - Killed by Alexandria Quartermaine (1981)
- O'Reilly - Shot by Victor Cassadine (1981)
- Alexandria Quartermaine - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (1981)
- Tony Cassadine - Inadvertently frozen to death in Mikkos Cassadine's Ice Chamber (1981)
- Mikkos Cassadine - Thrown into the Ice Chamber by Luke Spencer (1981)
- Susan Moore - Murdered by Crane Tolliver (1983)
- Crane Tolliver - Shot by Robert Scorpio (1983)
- Beatrice LeSeur - Accidental drug overdose (1983)
- D.L. Brock - Murdered by Ginny Blake (1985)
- Jennifer Talbot - Murdered by Kevin O'Connor (1986)
- Herbert Quartermaine - Murdered by Betsy Quartermaine (1987)
- Filomena Soltini - Shot by Cesar Faison (1988)
- Duke Lavery - Killed in a shootout with Julian Jerome (1990)
- Dawn Winthrop - Bludgeoned with lead pipe by Edge Jerome (1991)
- Bill Eckert - Shot by Frank Smith's men (1993)
- Jessica Holmes - Murdered by Ryan Chamberlain (1993)
- Ray Conway - Died of a broken neck after being thrown against a wall by Alan Quartermaine (1993)
- Barbara Jean Jones - Hurt too badly in a bus crash and could not survive (1994)
- Frank Smith - Shot by Luke Spencer (1994)
- Damian Smith - Died in an arson fire, Justus Ward revealed to be his killer, but never tried for it. (1996)
- Lily Rivera Corinthos - Died in a car bombing meant for Sonny Corinthos (June 1996)
- Steve Hardy - Suffered a fatal heart attack (off-screen) (July 1996)
- Pierce Dorman - Murdered by Hernando Rivera (1997)
- Jake Marshak - First victim of the General Homicide Killer, Greg Cooper (1998)
- Grace Sullivan - Second victim of the General Homicide Killer, Greg Cooper (1998)
- Katherine Bell - Pushed from a parapet by Helena Cassadine (May 1999)
- Cesar Faison - Presumed killed in a boat explosion in Port Charles Harbor, body never recovered (2000)
- Chloe Morgan - Strangled by Stavros Cassadine (September 2001)
- Stavros Cassadine - Stabbed, fell down a bottomless pit during a fight with Luke Spencer (November 2001)
- Kristina Cassadine - Caught in an explosion in Sonny's warehouse; died in ICU (August 2002)
- Rick Webber - Hit over the head with a candle stick by Laura Spencer; actually killed by Scott Baldwin (August 2002)
- Luis Alcazar - Stabbed; pushed off balcony by Alexis Davis (November 2002)
- Catherine Flynn - Poisoned by Faith Rosco (28 February 2003)
- Summer Holloway - Pushed off cliff by Darius (June 2003)
- Stefan Cassadine - Stabbed; pushed off a cliff by Luke Spencer (10 October 2003)
- Dr. Cameron Lewis - Caught under falling debris in Port Charles Hotel fire (19 February 2004)
- Brian Beck - Shot by Andy Capelli (February 2004)
- Andy Capelli - Shot in a struggle with Jason Morgan (February 2004)
- Zander Smith - Shot to death by the S.W.A.T Team (23 March 2004)
- Ross Duncan - Murdered by Heather Webber (April 2004)
- Sage Alcazar - Stabbed by Mary Bishop (25 August 2004)
- Trent Parker - Stabbed with a garden harrow by Mary Bishop (August 2004)
- Mary Bishop - Medication tampered with by Lorenzo Alcazar (September 2004)
- Connor Bishop - Shot by Emily Quartermaine in self defense (25 January 2005)
- Faith Rosco - Shot; later died in General Hospital (9 March 2005)
- AJ Quartermaine - Suffocated by Dr. Thomas (26 April 2005)
- Evan Tucker -Shot and killed by Ric Lansing in self-defense (17 June 2005)
- Rachel Adair - Injected with a poison by Dr. Thomas (27 July 2005)
- Dr. Asher Thomas - Shot by Jason Morgan (8 August 2005)
- Andrew Domman - Shot by Jason Morgan (August 2005)
- Javier Ruiz - Shot by Jason Morgan (October 2005)
- Reese Marshall - Died from a punctured lung (14 November 2005)
- Tony Jones - Died from a plague after working tireless hours around the infected (10 February 2006)
- Courtney Matthews - Died from a plague when she was weakened by childbirth (21 February 2006)
- Jesse Beaudry - Shot in the line of duty; later taken off life support (31 March 2006)
- Miguel Escobar - Shot by Jason Morgan (31 March 2006)
- John Durant - Shot by Manny Ruiz (5 May 2006)
- Justus Ward - Shot by Manny Ruiz (16 June 2006)
- Manny Ruiz - Shot and pushed off General Hospital roof by Jason Morgan (4 July 2006)
- Alan Quartermaine - Suffered multiple heart attacks after being held hostage by Jerry Jacks (27 February 2007)
- Lorenzo Alcazar - Shot by Jason Morgan (22 May 2007)
- Leticia Juarez - First victim of Text Message Killer (4 September 2007)
- Emily Quartermaine - Second victim of Text Message Killer (31 October 2007)
- Georgie Jones - Third victim of Text Message Killer (17 December 2007)
- Coop Barrett - Fourth victim of Text Message Killer (25 January 2008)
- Diego Alcazar - Accidental Hanging (6 March 2008)
- Dr. Ian Devlin - Shot by Jason Morgan (5 May 2008)
- Logan Hayes - Stabbed by Lulu Spencer (8 July 2008)
- Dr. Russell Ford - Killed by a car that crashed into the ER (22 July 2008)
- Andrei Karpov - Shot multiple times by Sonny Corinthos (7 November 2008)
- Jerry Jacks - Presumed dead when the freighter Gibraltar exploded (11 November 2008)
- Sasha Donev - Shot by a sniper (19 December 2008)
- Earl Bragg - Infected with an airborne poison during surgery (28 January 2009)
- Andy Archer - Infected with an airborne poison while performing surgery (29 January 2009)
- Leyla Mir - Infected with an airborne poison while performing surgery (2 February 2009)
- Trevor Lansing - Accidently fell off the roof of General Hospital (13 February 2009)
- Brianna Hughes - Bludgeoned by Andrea Floyd (12 June 2009)
- Andrea Floyd - Accidentally run down by Edward Quartermaine (9 September 2009)
- Claudia Zacchara - Struck with an axe by Michael Corinthos (4 November 2009)
- Jessie Brewer - by Phil Brewer (1965)
- Audrey March Hardy - by Tom Baldwin (1969)
- Diana Taylor - by Phil Brewer (1973)
- Monica Quartermaine - (offscreen by an unknown assailant)
- Lesley Webber (1976)
- Laura Spencer - by Luke Spencer (1979)
- Elizabeth Webber - by Tom Baker (1998)
- Emily Quartermaine - by Connor Bishop (2005)
- Jasper Jacks - by Irina (2007)
- Eddie Weeks (reckless driving causing injury, 1963; guilty)
- Jessie Brewer and Tom Baldwin (murder of John Prentice, 1968; not guilty)
- Audrey March Hardy (murder of Peggy Nelson, 1971; not guilty)
- Diana Taylor (murder of Phil Brewer, 1975; not guilty)
- Lesley Webber (murder of David Hamilton, 1978; not guilty)
- Anna Devane (attempted murder of Olivia St. John, 1988; acquitted)
- Felicia Jones (attempted murder of Ryan Chamberlain, 1993; accquitted)
- Laura Spencer (murder of Damian Smith, 1996; not guilty)
- Monica Quartermaine (sexual harassment of Pierce Dorman, 1997; not guilty)
- Tony Jones (kidnapping of Michael Corinthos III, 1998; accquited)
- Stefan Cassadine (murder of Katherine Bell, 1998; not guilty)
- Tom Yergin (blackmail of Emily Quartermaine, 1998; guilty)
- Luke Spencer (murder of Stefan Cassadine, 2000; acquitted)
- Jason Morgan and Brenda Barrett (murder of Luis Alcazar, 2003; not guilty)
- Alexis Davis (murder of Luis Alcazar, 2003; acquitted/self-defense)
- Nikolas Cassadine (murder of Helena Cassadine, 2004; not guilty)
- Sonny Corinthos (murder of A.J. Quartermaine, 2005; not guilty)
- Jason Morgan (murder of Lorenzo Alcazar, 2007; acquitted)
- Monica Quartermaine (reckless driving causing injury, 2008; sent to rehab)
- Johnny Zacchara (murder of Logan Hayes, 2008; not guilty)
- In 1979, further disaster struck the city, when it was hit by an epidemic of Lassa Fever. General Hospital was quarantined for several weeks until a cure was found.
- In August 1981 the town experienced a blizzard in the midst of summer. The cause of this blizzard was determined to be Mikkos Cassadine's weather machine.
- In June 1983, General Hospital was taken hostage.
- In 1987, a DVX hitman holds several GH staff hostage in the Hospital Cafeteria, threatening to unleash the MOX-36 virus. Bobbie Spencer is stabbed with a syringe filled with the virus and ends up paralyzed from the waist down but eventually recovers.
- In 1988, a bomb explodes in the main exhibition tent of the Port Charles Art Festival.
- In 1990, a blackout hit the city when Cesar Faison joined together the alien crystals from the planet Lumina.
- In February 1991, the Quartermaine S.S Tracy sank in the middle of Port Charles Harbor, unleashing toxic chemicals and causing an environmental disaster.
- In 1991, the town experienced an earthquake, which destroyed many homes and caused a lot of damage.
- In June 2001, a bus collided head on with a train near the city, interrupting the Nurses Ball, the social event of the year in Port Charles.
- In February 2004, the Port Charles Hotel burned down. The hotel was completely destroyed, but later rebuilt by Australian billionaire, Jasper Jacks, who renamed it the Metro Court after his now deceased wife, Courtney Matthews.
- In August 2004, many were trapped at the Quartermaine Mansion while a serial killer was on the loose, killing Sage Alcazar and Trent Parker. This person was Mary Bishop, who also tried to stab Emily Quartermaine.
- In 2005 Another hurricane struck the city of Port Charles, but fatalities and damage was light compared to the 1977 hurricane.
- In November 2005, two trains collided in the Glencoe tunnel which is located near the city.
- In February 2006, a deadly mutant strain of encephalitis had the hospital quarantined for a month and there were several fatalities.
- In August 2006, another blackout swept through Port Charles. As a result, Alexis, Sonny, and Kristina were stuck in the Metro Court restaurant, while Jason and Elizabeth were stuck at Jason's penthouse.
- In February 2007, the Metro Court Hotel's lobby was taken hostage and eventually, destroyed by an explosion. This hostage situation lasted for 12 hours.
- In October 2007, Nikolas Cassadine decided to throw a Black and White Ball for Emily and in honor of the late Dr. Alan Quartermaine. Soon enough, disaster struck in the form of Anthony Zacchara. But it later turned out that there was actually a second intruder - Diego Alcazar, who was the Text Message Killer (TMK). Diego strangled Emily to death.
- In January 2008, a man named Joe Smith strapped a bomb to himself, threatening to blow up the ER unless his wife Angie was given medical attention for her pregnancy.
- In March 2008, an abandoned cannery warehouse located on the main docks was blown up by a series of bombs that were planted by the late Diego Alcazar. Inside were Sonny Corinthos, Claudia Zacchara, Ric Lansing, Trevor Lansing, Marianna Erosa, Michael Corinthos, a pregnant Carly Corinthos, Johnny Zacchara, Damian Spinelli, and Maxie Jones. While there were no causalities, Carly suffers hypothermia, and miscarries her child. It left a permanent staple of destruction on the waterfront.
- In November 2008, A mob war had started due to Sonny Corinthos blowing bullets in to Andrei Karpov. Sonny Corinthos, Jason Morgan, Claudia Corinthos, Carly Corinthos, Sam McCall, Jake Spencer, Elizabeth Webber Spencer, Maxie Jones, Damien Spinelli, and Johnny Zacchara were involved.
- In January 2009, a man named Earl Bragg had five spheres containing an airborne toxin implanted into his stomach, which were released into the operating room while he was undergoing surgery, thus spreading to the hospital boardroom. So far, three people have died, including Andy Archer, Leyla Mir, and the patient, Earl Bragg. This infected thusfar (in actual order) include Monica Quartermaine, Elizabeth Webber, Matt Hunter, Kate Howard, Claudia Zacchara, Trevor Lansing, and Tracy Quartermaine. Currently, the airbourn toxin has caused several explosions, leaving the hospital in crumbles.
- ↑ Episode on May 12, 2008